Frequently Asked Questions
Along With All The Answers
Question: What travel and housing accomodations are available? What are the costs?
The closest airport to fly into is the Orlando International Airport (MCO).
Housing and local transportation costs vary greatly due to seasonal pricing as well as personal preference.
- Hotel costs can be as low as $49 plus tax per night.
- Local Transportation
- Shuttle service from the airport to the seminar site is around $35 round trip.
Car rentals in the low season can be as low as $150 a week.
Question: Once someone enrolls, how long is it before they can actually start coaching?
Class registrants can begin actively coaching and "practice building" after completing the initial 5-day Comprehensive Coaching Seminar - this is the first week of the Life Coach Program™.
Question: Is Coach For Life ICF Accredited?
Yes, Coach For Life has been awarded two "ACTP - Accredited Coach Training Program" designations from ICF.
- Effective September 2001 for the "Certified Life Coach Program™". This Program results in the "Certified Life Coach - CLC" designation and requires approximately 1 year.
- This Program is made up of -
- The 8-week Life Coach Program™
- The 6-month Certified Life Coach Webinar
- Effective January 2000 for the "Master Certified Life Coach Program™". This Program results in the "Master Certified Life Coach - MCLC" designation and requires approximately 2 years.
- This Program is made up of -
- The 8-week Life Coach Program™
- The 6-month Certified Life Coach Webinar
- The 8-week Living the Standards of Presence Webinar
- The 12-Month Master Certified Life Coach Webinar
Question: How long does the typical person take to go through your basic training?
Coach For Life's "Basic Training" begins with the advanced and life transformational Life Coach Program™. This 8-week Program has no more than 18 participants. The Life Coach Program™ earns you 60 SCLH. Completion takes 8 weeks.
Question: How much training and assistance do you give on marketing?
A significant portion of the Life Coach Program™ is dedicated to practicing and being comfortable to speak about coaching and claiming coaching as your profession.
We provide current market data on coaching fees being paid for life coaching and executive coaching.
- A major theme and experiential personal development in the Life Coach Program™ is "opening up to receive". This is vital in being ready to receive guidance, clients, money, acknowledgments and referrals that will easily and naturally build your coaching practice.
- We provide a series of 3 comprehensive “Sample Session” outlines that allow prospective clients experience your coaching.
Question: What are the prerequisites in becoming a life coach?
- Be curious.
- Feel thrilled when your client thrives.
- Know that your client is whole, complete and resourceful.
- Be willing to let your client learn and move forward in their time and at their pace.
Coaching will be filled with satisfaction, ease and fulfillment when the following are embraced:
- Do your own personal growth (So you will not get hooked by what your clients are going through)
- Let go of your own ego 'in having the best answer for your client' (So you will not have to work hard nor be responsible for your client's life but allow your client to be empowered)
- Be 'invisible' in the coaching relationship (You hold the space for your client to discover them self, this is not a relationship where you get to share your advice, expertise, or strategies for life).
Question: What is coaching?
Coaching is holding a space of total acceptance for your self and for your client as you facilitate the client's self-discovery and re-connection to their inner most truths about them self – their qualities, their gifts and their life purpose. The coach also facilitates the client with their conscious alignment with their inner most truths in their everyday decisions and actions.
The coach's role is to raise the level of consciousness of the client through questions that allow the client to choose what they want, what they are prepared to do and what they are prepared to commit to them self in the present moment.
The coach is charged with the responsibility of supporting the client by asking them what awareness came up for them in doing (or not doing) the commitments the client had made to them self.
Question: How did Coach For Life get started?
With tremendous ease!
In March of 1996, Coach For Life was invited to create a coaches training program and coaching model that integrated the practical tools of coaching with the infinitely resourceful power of Spirit. We honor and:
- Present left brain (linear and logical) coaching tools and materials.
- Present right brain (intuitive and transformational) coaching methods and processes.
- Integrate Spiritual principles into every aspect of our coaching tools, model and learning environment.
Question: What is Coach For Life's philosophy of coaching?
1. A client's success is rooted in their willingness "to fully express their (human) self while fully accessing their (divine) Self".
2. The focus is always on what's working and then expanding those inherent abilities.
3. The focus is also on accessing the Divine Presence where our infinite resourcefulness is sourced.
The results produced in union with the power and wisdom within us (and the ease in which the results are produced) will always out-distance the results of all tips or techniques we could learn or apply.
Question: What is Coach For Life's model of coaching?
Our Fulfillment Coaching Model™ is based on the belief that we experience fulfillment when we are:
- The Coach consciously connects with their sense of God/Spirit.
- We support the client to know their inner-most core values, life purpose and innate gifts.
- We facilitate and acknowledge the client when they live their life in alignment with their core values and fully express their unique gifts and life purpose.
Question: What is Coach For Life's learning environment like?
The unique Coach For Life learning environment is an educational breakthrough that transforms lives by only acknowledging what you did “right”. There is 100% positive reinforcement of the competencies actually demonstrated. There is 0% critique, criticism, comparing, or correcting. This learning environment has shown an acceleration of adult (and child) learning by a factor of 200% and more over the classical critique models of learning.
You will forever be transformed … having experienced … ease, safety and celebration!
The first-hand experience of this learning environment's power leads you to a level of awareness that allows you to create and hold the same trusting and empowering learning environment for your coaching clients.
The Foundation for Inspired Learning was created as a 501c3 nonprofit with a generous donation of the Intellectual Property from Coach For Life known as the "Inspired Learning Model™”.
Question: How long does it take to complete your various Programs?
The Life Coach Program™ – 8 weeks, resulting in the "Coach For Life Graduate" designation, earning 60 SCLH (The Part I and Part II are the first two parts of the Certified Life Coach Program™)
The Certified Life Coach Program™ - This full ACTP is made of the Life Coach Program™ and the Part III Certified Life Coach Webinar – together these normally take one year, resulting in the "Certified Life Coach - CLC" designation, earning a total of 125 SCLH.
The Master Certified Life Coach Program™ - normally takes two years, resulting in the "Master Certified Life Coach - MCLC" designation, earning a total of 210 SCLH.
Full Program Details:
- Parts I & II - Life Coach Program™ - 8 weeks
- Part III - Certified Life Coach Webinar - 6 months
- Part IV - Living the Standards of Presence - 6 weeks
- Part V - Master Certified Life Coach Webinar - 11 months
Question: How many participants have been trained by Coach For Life?
As of December 2011, over 1,000 people have graduated.
Graduates include a wide range of professionals, including Executives, Educators, Therapists, Health Care Professionals, Consultants, Military, Entrepreneurs and Speakers.
Question: How are trainings conducted?
The first week of the Life Coach Program™
- Part I - is in-person training located in USA and India. All have small class size, with two certified coach facilitators.
- Part II – is an 8-week Webinar, is limited to the same Part I participants, with at least one certified facilitator.
- Part III - The 6-month certification program is conducted by webinar with a certified facilitator in a group of 6.
- Part IV - The 6-week program is conducted by webinar with a certified facilitator in group of 18 or less.
- Part V - The 11-month certification program is conducted by webinar with a master certified facilitator in a group of 3 to 6.
Question: Can your spiritually-based coaching model be used in business?
Yes, with ease and alignment, power and empowerment and with stunning and immediate results!
The Fulfillment Coaching Model™ offers principles, tools and processes that have proven highly effective in business, nonprofit and educational organizations. The Model provides a confidence to coach the whole person – personal and professional. A recent graduate, a business owner himself, says, "Amazingly simple and incredibly powerful!"
Our Coach For Life graduates have used the Fulfillment Coaching Model™ for the past 15 years in business, public schools, governments environments without ever having to use spiritual words.
Question: Is your 'spirituality' church-based and what do you mean by "spirituality"?
Our coach training is not affiliated with any church or religious tradition. We have graduates, however that come from many faiths and churches - including: Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Science of Mind, Unity as well as non-church-based faiths and belief systems.
Our Coach For Life graduates have universally found our spiritual model in great alignment with their core beliefs and faith. The spiritual foundation and some of the principles that The Fulfillment Coaching Model™ and learning environment is based on:
- We are all connected.
- Each person has direct access to God/Spirit (whatever each individual calls their perception of a Divine Presence).
- What you focus on expands.
- We are the primary initiator in creating our life experiences. (We have free-will to do this consciously or unconsciously.)
- Being a loving and accepting person facilitates peace, joy and clarity of purpose for our self and for everyone we touch.
Question: What are the current general guidelines for coaching fees.
A coach's fee structure is generally reflected in their experience and confidence as a coach.
- Foundation session: $250-$500, 2-hr session generally done in person to design and begin the coaching relationship.
- Life Coaching monthly fee: $200-600/mo.
- Executive Coaching monthly fee: $300-2,000/mo.
- Frequency: 2 to 4 sessions of 30 to 60 minutes per month.
- Payment: Paid in advance on the first of the month.
- Agreement Term: Generally 6 months or longer.
- Coaches are encouraged to utilize written agreements to provide the client with clarity of purpose and clarity of time and financial commitments that are being agreed to.